When it comes to planning investments and wealth, there is no ‘one-size-fits-all’. There are as many as 80+ jurisdictions which offer offshore structuring and each one of them is unique in its own way. The number and the kind of treaties that each jurisdiction enjoys with partnering countries is never the same and neither is the client’s need.
It is at these times that one should consider making use of more than one jurisdiction as part of the structure.
Whether it is international trading, assets across borders or investments that one looks at, the very fact that it involves more than 2 or 3 countries leads to different requirements that need to be met. And depending on the source of the investment and the destination the usage of more than one jurisdiction would come into play.
Let us consider an example:
Mr. Zhang Wei a successful medical equipment supplier in Hunan province in China is exploring the possibility of trading his goods in say, Uganda. While he already has a Hong Kong company ‘Zhang Wei Medeq Pvt Ltd’, which has helped him creating a market in rest of Asia, he is unsure of Africa.
This is all but a simplistic solution to look at a multi-jurisdiction structure which is absolutely compliant with international regulations.
So what are the reasons to consider a multi-jurisdiction structure?
- Books are maintained separately. One’s profit / loss doesn’t affect another leading to better valuation of each entity
- Each entity has the potential of its own to create newer markets
- Jurisdictional advantages like investment protection
- Simplified accounting depending on the kind of entity created in each jurisdiction
- Asset protection wherever applicable
- A variety of products available to choose; from simple trading / holding companies to Trusts / Foundations or Funds based on the need.
- Incidentally, these structures can also prove to be highly tax prudent
At Abacus Seychelles, we believe in working closely with our clients in creating structures which are compliant, simple and still provide you with the best solution for your given situation across multiple jurisdictions through our network of associates.
Apart from Seychelles, we can provide solutions in other renowned jurisdictions including Mauritius, Hong Kong, Cyprus, Dubai, Singapore and many more.
We would be happy to assist you in your multi-jurisdiction requirements. Please do connect with us with your requirements on email@example.com and we would be happy to take a call with you.